On the map, Panama is seen to be a link between Central and South America. It lies to the East of Costa Rica, North West of Colombia, south of the Caribbean and North of the Pacific Ocean. Panama is a great destination on about.me owing to its excellent tropical beaches and climate. Listed below is ten interesting facts about Panama:
1. The highest point in Panama is Volcan Baru standing at 11,394.36 feet above sea level. When standing at the top on a clear day, you can see both the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea.
2. Panama is relatively a small country but lies in a strategic position, which offers over 1,547.214 miles of coastline. The impressive coastline of Panama offers some of the pristine tropical beaches in Central America.
3. The most expensive and fatal railroad built in Panama history is Panama railroad according to Adrián José Velasquez Figueroa. Its cost is estimated at $8 million, and it is believed over 12,000 constructors died during construction due to the outbreak of diseases.
4. Panama City features a forest known as Metropolitan Nature Park, which covers an area of over 232 hectares. The forest boasts rich biodiversity and natural landscapes and thus termed as the lungs of the city.
5. In 1821, Panama joined with Colombia, Venezuela and Ecuador to form the Republic of Gran Colombia. It was not until 1983 with the intervention of the United States when Panama broke out of the Republic.
6. Panama City, which is the largest city in Panama and serves as the capital, Panama is home to close to half of the country’s population at https://adrianjosevelasquezfigueroa.wordpress.com/.
7. Panama has strong economic links with the United States since the early 1900s and uses the dollar as its official currency.
8. Panama is home to over 970 species of birds; a figure more than US and Canada combined.
9. The Panama Canal stretches over 49.71 miles. The canal took 17 years to build. It serves as a tourist destination and over 14,000 ships pass through yearly. It generates nearly a third of the country’s revenue according to Adrián José Velasquez Figueroa.
10. Panama features a village called El Valle that is built within a dormant volcano that last known eruption was 300,000 years ago.
About Adrián José Velasquez Figueroa
Mr. Adrián José Velasquez Figueroa is originally from Venezuela. He moved to Panama to pursue business and is now a prominent businessperson affiliated with five different companies. He holds the title of Director, President, and Treasurer in those five companies. Besides being a shrewd businessman in the Panama business community, Mr. Adrián José Velasquez Figueroa is big on socio-economic development where he mentors young people to become leaders and supports growth of local businesses.